Troop 284 encourages all of its scouts to take full advantage of the monthly and summer camping opportunities that we offer. Outdoor adventure is the promise made to Scouts when they join Scouting. Youth yearn for outdoor programs that stir their imagination and interest.
Organized camping is a creative, educational experience incooperative group living in the outdoors. It uses the natural surroundings tocontribute significantly to physical, mental, spiritual, and social growth.
- Camping contributes to good health.
- Camping helps campers develop self-reliance and resourcefulness.
- Camping enhances spiritual growth.
- Camping contributes to social development.
- Camping is an experience in citizenship training.
- Camping helps develop scout knowledge and skills that scouts will have throughout their lives.