Cub Scout Pack 85
Cost of Cub Scouting
This Pack spends, on average, a little over $350 per Scout who is enrolled per scouting year.
Below are just some of the items that we have to plan for throughout the year for each scout Scout:
- *BSA Registration Fee - $66.00 (from January to January) (for brand new Scouts, we also pay a prorated fee from September to January.)
- *BSA Registration Fee for our registered leaders(adults) - $54.00 (new registered adults follow the same prorating dates as above)
- *New-Member Joining Fee - $25.00 (one time only in scouting career if registering for the first time after Aug 1, 2020, youths only)
- Neckerchief & Slide for each returning Scout - $16.00
- Materials for the den - $20.00 (supplies for activities, advancement charts, pack events, etc.)
Awards for the boys throughout the year - $15.00
- Earned belt loops or pins for each Scout - $18.00
- Monthly pack meeting activities and crafts - $25.00 Siblings are included in Pack meetings and can also participate in activities & crafts
- **Blue and Gold Banquet - $20.00/ea (Scouts paid for through Pack Dues/Popcorn Sales; parents, siblings & guests pay when RSVP-ing)
Pinewood Derby Car - $4.50
- **Pinewood Derby snacks/trophies for Scouts - $10.00
- **(2) Family Camp’s - $15.00 each family member (Scouts paid for through pack dues/Popcorn Sales; adults and siblings pay a small fee)Siblings can also participate in camp activities.
**due to COVID-19, certain activities may be postponed or cancelled upon regional, state, or local guidance.
Registration is due by the December Pack Meeting, or arrangements for a payment plan / financial assistance made(see #3).
Popcorn Fundraiser~ Pack 85 operates mainly on proceeds from the yearly BSA popcorn fundraiser. Popcorn goal is for each Scout is to to sell $400 minimum.
- ScoutPay ~ This is a new payment system Michigan Crossroads Council is participating in starting in 2020. It allows the option of lump sum or monthly payments for the National Dues, MCC Program Fee, and New Scout Join fee(if applicable). Pack dues currently can not be collected by ScoutPay at this time and must be made directly to the pack. For more information: ScoutPay FAQ's.
If anyone needs financial assistance anytime throughout the year, please let us know!